Old 06-09-19, 05:30 AM
BookFinder 
Lifelong wheel gazer ...

Bikes: All garage sale finds...

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Mercy ... help please, with the plethroa of apps!

I'm trying to sort out which way to go on cycling apps with the goal of getting my data into Apple Health.

Growing up we lived near a bakery that would run 10,000 loaves of Sunbeam, then change the wrappers and run 10,000 loaves of Merita, then change the wrappers and run x-thousand loaves of ... you get the idea.

So when parsing the app choices, am I looking at the same bread with different wrappers, or is there a difference of substance between the choices on the shelf?

My legacy nutrition app is Lose It! I've been using that one since it first hit the market. If possible, I would like to stay with it and get the integration I want.

So which cycling app or combination of apps can any of you suggest?

Cyclemeter
MapMyRide
Road Bike
Strava

I would appreciate reading about:

Pros and cons
Online integration
Privacy issues (if any)

And syncing with other apps to get the data stream into the Apple Health app.

Finally, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the exact question so I posted the question. If this needs to go someplace else, hopefully a mod will spot it.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Status quo is the mental bastion of the intellectually lethargic...