View Single Post
Old 06-09-19, 09:07 AM
fraba

Bikes: 1973 Raleigh Super Course - 1981 Velo Sport Criterium - c.1988 Colnago Master Piu - 1991 Merlin Road - 1991 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra - 1995 Pinarello Cromovan - c.1999 Lemond Maillot Jaune Team Saturn - 2002 Colnago C-40 - Also modern stuff

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed
Where would you recommend buying the frame from if new? I know that the $1000 is pretty low for a new road bike, but it's worth a shot I guess. How much of the total cost do you recommend should go towards the frame set. Also, would you recommend buying a frame set, groupset, and wheels, or buying each part separately? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to minimize the number of mistakes I'm gonna regret later on
All good stuff from all people here. READ, READ and READ AGAIN. There is no short cut and the devil is in the details.

Once you know what frame you want, one way to save a bit could be to buy a complete bike, keep the frame and sell the parts for buying new ones. Not sure you will save a lot but you could also ride the bike sooner and modify it at your own rythm. You can also learn a lot by unbuilding a bike.