View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 01:07 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,469 Times in 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7
Sorry man. I like you,and have a modicum of respect for you, but your wrong.

There's already one example of an HS420 is this thread that is dead on. 39.1mm with a 40 ETRTO width rating (which is tyre width and not bead to bead width.)

My guess is that most users here are not using the ETRTO but this old system with inches or the 700c system, which is also not the same.

Several Schwalbe tyres will be 700x32c but 35-622 and will measure that size exactly. The is very true for tyres over 2 inches in width.

I think most people in this thread are incorrectly using (the needlessly unfortunately complicated) two non-interchangable measurement systems.

Thus, I challenge people to actually post the ETRTO and the actual measurement of the width with a caliper and let me know how it goes.

I will do this on the next day that I ride into work to demonstrate that Schwalbe does keep it within ±1 mm of the ETRTO.
Has anyone ever convinced you that you're wrong by saying "your wrong" or even "you're wrong?" It's not a very good argument method.

I have more experience than you do. I've fixed thousands of other people's bikes. Tire sizes vary from their ratings. This is where theory and practice diverge. Read all you want, but take measurements also.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Likes For noglider: