View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 01:39 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by no motor?
Sanitation has done more to extend lifespans in the US than allopathic medicine, and medical mistakes made by you're beloved allopathic medicine are the third leading cause of death in the US where we pay more than any other county for care. Yet the US ranked 37th in effectiveness by the WHO, ending up ranked between Costa Rica and Slovenia. You can read my other comment above about the other issues you bring up in your first paragraph.

The FDA notifications you refer to are there due to the policies established by the drug companies to make it harder for anyone but the drug companies to produce research that meets their standards. Some say if the FDA doesn't like it then it must be worth a second look due to the drug companies exerting an excessive amount of influence there. How do you feel about off-label prescriptions? Or is FDA approval not needed for the ~20% of prescriptions written for conditions without FDA approval for that use?

The "hidden dangers" of Vioxx was the risk of cardiac deaths with long term use that was revealed in the original research. That research was proved correct for with use of both Vioxx and the other Cox 2 inhibitors, and about 50,000 people died because the original research was falsified to obtain FDA approval. Which was too bad, because these drugs were a good product when used for short term usage as intended, and only one of them remains on the market today. Anti-oxidants are a class of supplements that aren't recommended as they were before due to research revealing a change in effectiveness.

You seem to have enough knowledge to be dangerous, and I'm not sure if these citations on Pubmed (that's the publication of the US National Library of Medicine, a major player in publishing accepted medical research in this country) will suffice at explaining detoxification or not. Your questions regarding detoxification are answered in detail here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4488002/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1749210 And this is not an endorsement on my part for any of the multi-level marketing bs that's advertised either, There's a difference between those products and science based products/programs I've used and recommended to patients for years.

One other point I forgot to mention earlier is first the legal losses and then disappearance of that famed shill Barrett of quackbuster fame. He and his group spent year attacking anything that didn't promote the use of drugs or surgery in regards to anything remotely medical. He spent his career shilling for the drug companies (he couldn't practice as he didn't pass his medical board exams), starting after the chiropractic profession sued the AMA for discrimination and won. Barret resumed their efforts covertly until roughly 15 years ago when he suffered 2 back to back legal losses that involved a judge finding his claims that chiropractic and homeopathy weren't based in science were false, and ordered Barrett to pay a substantial penalty. To the best of my knowledge he went into hiding, hasn't paid nor has he appealed the losses.
Well, now that I've seen how incompetent you are with Medline, I won't bother with you further--this was your original claim:

"What you're describing is a pretty typical response when detoxifying a long standing/heavy accumulation of toxins. Typically this process is repeated several times to finish (and it's usually easier and shorter each time). You've got more need and less capacity to get rid of the "stuff" you've accumulated at first, and the balance shifts with time. You probably smelled funny/bad, your skin itched/was red and went to the bathroom more often. And that probably smelled worse too. "

Neither of the sources you posted describe or discuss anything like that, only whether certain substances promote or detract from the liver's ability to detoxify the body. Unless you're claiming that eating a bunch of cruciform vegetables is somehow making the liver work through a huge backlog of toxins, it's pretty obvious that the only connection to the issue is that you entered "detoxify" and "liver" into the medline search, and have made the amazing discovery that the liver plays a role in detoxifying the human body. And if you are reading either article to suggest anything like that, you're completely illiterate.

This is really pitiful. I knew you had nothing.