View Single Post
Old 06-15-19, 07:08 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,002 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg C.
Almost embarrassed to post my bike with all of the gorgeous rides shown here; I've had this for 4 years now and mostly ride a 10 mile paved trail route from my home 3 or 4 times a week for fun and exercise. My top speed is around 25 mph. Although I haven't ridden many hybrids this one fits the bill for speed and comfort. Anyone care to guess the model year of this Schwinn Searcher? So far all I've done to it is replace the rear shifter and brake pads. It had been restored nicely when I bought it.
It has the "epicenter" seatstays and graphics of the mid 90s when Schwinn was still US owned and tried one last time to compete. Nothing says 90's like GripShift and AceraX came out in 95, and that is what I would guess for vintage. The cranks look like they got swapped out some time ago.

Those era Schwinns were very high quality, the high end MTBs were handmade in CO at the Yeti factory. Yours was probably built by Giant in Taiwan
Likes For DorkDisk: