View Single Post
Old 01-27-06, 01:05 PM
Fox Farm

Bikes: Merlin Extra Light, Orbea Orca, Ritchey Outback,Tomac Revolver Mountain Bike, Cannondale Crit 3.0 now used for time trials.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts
Yes, I know. But, it discusses which of their bars are good to use with clip ons. As for where to buy them, I believe that Excel Sports sells them as do a number of others. For me, I have thought long and hard about the pros and cons of upgrading (if that is the correct work) to carbon bars and yes, they are really stiff, and supposed damp some road buzz, but for the cost and issues related to over tighening stem clamps, I will stay with my Ritchey WCS bars in aluminum. They cost about $70 vs. $140 to $280 for carbon handle bars. I would think that for the initiator of this thread, spending the bigger money on some really good clip ons, such as Syntace C2 and using an aluminum quality handle bar would be a good thing to consider. I looked closely at the Ritchey carbon bars vs their aluminum and prefer the profile of the ergo aluminum bars because of the "hump" in the drop and longer trail of the end of the drop outs that exist on the aluminum vs. the carbon. Not to mention the huge price difference...