Old 06-16-19, 07:26 PM
Greg C.

Bikes: 1990 Trek 970, 95 Schwinn Searcher, 2012 Trek Wasabi cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DorkDisk
I think you are confused, the relevant pages are posted above. They show a steel frame with crank specs contradicting some photos

I also wasn't clear, I was referring to the original crank the bike came with-which explains the swapped crank. Sorry for that.

Impel 300 was a high quality crankset that was OEM for several years at various price points because with nice Al rings, it was as good as XT, a hair lighter, and much cheaper.
You are correct DorkDisk. I was looking at the wrong page in the pdf. My specs were on page 34 under Searcher Transit. Apparently it has a high tensile steel frame. As the models go higher end it looks like more chrome/moly was added. I'm learning that there's a whole lot to learn about bicycles. Between you and my local bike shop I've learned a lot this week. They did a great job replacing a spoke and truing the rear wheel. I installed the new brake pads. It took a while but I finally got them adjusted correctly. Funny the replacement pads were made by Giant. They worked fine though. Thanks again for the helpful information.