View Single Post
Old 06-18-19, 07:54 AM
medic75

Bikes: '19 Trek Stache 5, '17 DB Hannjo Trail, '09 Scott CR1 Pro, Schwinn Central commuter, '16 DB El Oso

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 29 Posts
Son's first MTB race

My son completed in his first race on Sunday. I had mentioned it to him about a month ago and he wasn't interested because it was a race. I tried to explain that he doesn't have to race, and that he can just go ride & have fun. He still wasn't interested. Suddenly, on Saturday morning, he decided he wanted to go. I entered him in the novice race & rode along with him. The weather had been rain for the previous day and that morning, making for a very interesting & dirty ride. The most important part is that he enjoyed himself & is looking forward to next year. I have already begun discussing the option of the beginners race next year which is 13 miles with some moderate climbs.

On a side note, there were some younger kids on 20" Specialized Riprock bikes that made me feel somewhat jealous. I wish there was something like those bikes around when I was a kid. They are better spec'd than the bike I was riding last summer.
Likes For medic75: