View Single Post
Old 06-19-19, 05:55 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,437 Times in 819 Posts
I had my 6 month skin check this morning. I actually left the office with nothing removed and nothing freezer burned. I have had numerous basel/squamous cells removed, including one on the nose that was a Mohs surgery. Also had a squamuos cell removed from in front of my ear at the same time. I have a visible dent on the upper right side of my forehead from a squamous growth. My last check up I went back on the dermatologists surgery day and had an incision on my left shoulder blade, about 4 inches long, to remove a squamous growth. I do what I can to protect myself. I bought some new 50 SPF lotion, CVS brand, that claimed to not sting the eyes. I have used it numerous times now in temps up to the mid 80's and it has not irritated my eyes. It really stays on the skin very well, but does feel sticky when sweating a lot. I love riding my bikes, but, when it is hot, I get my miles in before 11 a.m., at the latest, usually by 9:30 or so. I also where a bike cap under my helmet and either sun sleeves or some kind of light long sleeve jersey with at least a short collar. I sometimes do not like all the preperation to go for a bike ride. I do like the pay off of not having any kind of procedure this morning. I hope to be riding for quite a few years still. It is THE thing that when I do it, I feel most like I am where I belong, doing what I should be doing at that moment.