Old 06-20-19, 07:09 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Poor sleep habits are a major issue for a big chunk of my patients. Best advice I can give is pick a regular bedtime and wake time that is consistent and allows fully refreshed sleep. Do something relaxing the 30 minutes before bed, avoid screen time or anything controversial then. No caffeine within 6 hours of bedtime.

That’s my dr datlas sleep advice. Sadly, most patients say that’s not working and want a sleeping medicine. Sad.
Yeah, I try to avoid caffeine after 3pm or so, but rarely have any after 8am. Trying to get to bed so that I'm good to wake at 6:00-ish, though I'll actually be able to sleep later than that 5 out of 7 days of the week though the summer. But, kids, worst case, yadda yadda. In terms of "something relaxing," it's weird, but I have this definite point where reading becomes counter-productive. Reading for 30 minutes or so is fine, but longer sessions will leave my mind racing and I'll imagine that I'm still reading after I've put the book away and I'm on the cusp of falling asleep - it's like I'm flipping pages and reading words, but it's not making much sense. It's annoying.