Old 01-27-06, 03:42 PM
neverwrite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk
actually, i just think that the OP was feeling insecure that the roadie was trying to prove something, when the roadie was probably just doing what roadies do, which is ride really fast on downhills. unless the roadie turned around and flipped off the OP, saying, "haha, mother****er, you think you can catch me on an uphill! you cannot catch me on an uphill if we are going downhill immediately thereafter!" then maybe the OP has a point, the roadie is being ridiculous. but in this case i think the OP is being ridiculous. maybe the roadie doesn't want a cookie. maybe the roadie just wanted to go down the hill at 45 miles per hour. if i had a road bike, i would too. if a track biker passed me on the uphill, good for them, but if i pass them on the way down, i would hope they wouldn't see every damn interaction between a fixed-gear rider and a roadie as some front in some stupid competition!
Well said. Most people on a bike ride couldn't care less about who passes them or who they pass. It is lame to project your jock mentality onto strangers. If you got something to prove, beat your friends to the bar, go to the track, enter an alleycat, etc.