Old 06-21-19, 03:14 PM
towndock

Bikes: '81 Fuji America, '79 Fuji S12 Ltd, '03 Dahon Helios XL, '09 Giant Defy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Revoltingest
If they can maintain that rate, I should get mine by June 1, 2020.

I can live with that.​​

(Latest update is 65 biked shipped. I'm #1 405 . [1405-65]/4=335 days)
That presumes they will work 7 days a week.

The video reviews of the Helix are very positive. My only info is what I read on this forum (Helix's own web site has not had updated info in two years.)

One still has to wonder how the Helix story will (no pun intended) unfold. The original business plan would not of accounted for years of delay or even the current slow rate of production. Some part (or the assembly) must be very difficult. While Helix is making bicycles, and apparently really nice bicycles... at this slow rate of delivery it has to be at a loss. Likely a significant loss.

Years ago, Helix rather brilliantly sold a lot of titanium bicycles at an aggressive price. Only a tiny fraction of those bicycles have been delivered. At some point, well before the number now on order, do they run out of money? If I had order #200 I'd feel OK. If I had order #1 ,400 - I'd have to wonder if that will actually happen.

Could they take more orders (to bring in more $) when delivery is at best a year out? Or is there investment money that could cover up the near term losses?

I really like the look of the bike. Here's hoping it becomes a real company.