Thread: No "Spoilers"
View Single Post
Old 06-22-19, 11:23 PM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Homebrew01
General Reminder...Please do not put "Spoilers" in thread titles. Many of us watch races on a time delay, and prefer not to know results or significant news ahead of time.

You can easily make the subject known in a title, without giving anything away.

Thanks.
I know when I watch a race on a time delay, and prefer not to know results or significant news ahead of time, I simply avoid the internet and sports TV altogether. And I darn sure avoid the specific sites that pertain to whatever form of racing I'm planning on watching later. Especially forums specific to racing. It's really rather common sense.

But that's just me.

As far as threads that have been started about Froome and Dumoulin (if that's what you're referring to), those were big news stories! They were not race stage results or news pertaining to a particular race stage that would merit a "spoiler alert" tag. You can't realistically expect someone to treat them as such either. So someone heard about Froome here instead of hearing about it on their DVR'd stage four of the Criterium they haven't watched yet ...big deal. The accident didn't happen in a race stage, therefore not a "race stage spoiler." It's ridiculous to expect news like that to stay silent and not make a thread title. If someone is upset over that, they are certainly "spoiled" in more ways than one.

And where do you draw the line? Is someone supposed to walk on egg shells only from one stage to the next, or do you refrain from posting the entire three weeks of the TdF because someone may be recording the entire race and won't watch it until sometime in August?!?

Now, if someone posts a thread title proclaiming "Sagan Won Stage 3 Today" yeah.. I kinda see your point (somewhat). But I really don't see a thread such as that around here.
Likes For one4smoke: