Old 06-24-19, 08:22 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
They're looking at their watch to see how fast they're currently going in relation to how fast they should be going. If I try to take a marathon at my 10k pace, I'm gonna blow up before it's half over. This is very much like how cyclists use power meters for pacing.
I know little about runners. Cycling collegiate team adult was the former NCAA running champ for CO I think. He stated he ran with RPE and did not use anything. I know of a few other cyclists. To date I don't know anyone at the top who states they use a PM to go faster. I posted the two of the fastest (Cam is not USA, but a local).
The fastest for the hour, Wiggins- didn't and couldn't because of rules.

I think you know I shopped my kid rowing and had a great time listening to the Princeton coach with his team that year, that won Nationals. They had the stuff. It was all about feel of the oar, boat swagger. They didn't use PM oars, or even the results from the machines. He built the boat based on what made the boat the fastest. Actually a normal thing where they have seat competition and move rowers around to see who makes the boat go faster. This is in spite of the ERG numbers.

So as posted above, I'm just looking for the elite cyclists that are public about using numbers. I don't think the elite do.