View Single Post
Old 06-25-19, 07:09 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11031 Post(s)
Liked 7,576 Times in 4,226 Posts
Originally Posted by RyanAK
Interesting. This isn’t the Road or Monstercross frame, but something BMC did sometime in the past? Off to the google box to see what I can find about it.
Its just the rim brake version of the road frame. Based on the Mandarin characters on the top tube, its something like from 2012 thru 2015?...i think. Im pretty sure thats the general range of when the characters were on the top tube. Anyways, there are 3 versions of the road frame and the ebay frame is either v1 or v2. It for sure isnt the current v3 since that is a different orange with blue accent windows. My guess is v2 as my monstercross frame has the characters too and its from the later side of that guesstimated date range.

The characters translate(roughly, going on memory too) to 'Black Mouintain foot push vehicle' or something close to that. It was a way to recognize where the frames are fabricated(Taiwan) and there apparently is no word for 'bicycle' in Mandarin. Crazy.