Old 06-26-19, 07:48 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Fountain
You don't muck around Hubertus, that's a really clean Colnago you now own. The race number boss under the top tube is a nice little bonus.

Hi Dr.Lou, did you find your Colnago as we see it or did you manage to find all those matching components? I love the rims but normally I shy away from the 'splatter' cork grip tape, but in this instance, it really suits the rest of the bike.

Hi HPL, I'm guessing your Colnago is an '84/5 Super model? I reckon Colnago were a little 'late to the party' adding a second set of biddon/bottle mounts. Such an iconic Colnago paint scheme and an interesting little mixture of Super Record based components. The Cobalto brake set is lovely with cintered brake shoes? Do I detect a Cinelli 1R stem? Also the levers look to be from the Victory/Triumphe groupset?
Thank you for your compliments and comments. The stem is a 1R; shift levers are Triomphe (I prefer the flaring); as far as the seat post goes, I'm not sure what model it is, but I like the clean, basic looks of it. I didn't know Supers were ever made with the GILCO "crimped" tubing. Due to the tubing I figured post 83/84, but how much later before that tubing type is no longer used. It does have the same head tube lugs that my 75/76 Super has. I don't believe it to be a Master, but I was told it could be a Mexico (?). I have a later bike than this without the GILCO tubing that might be a Nuovo Mexico (?) using different lugs, but the same fork design.