Old 06-26-19, 09:39 AM
Paletti

Bikes: 1985 DeRosa SLX, 1994 DeRosa Primato, 2009 DeRosa x-light, 1993 Paletti, 1983 Colnago aero cx, 1984 Colnago Mexico, 1983 Colner strato professional, 2016 Colnago V1-R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Augie B
This bike was purchased from the original owner and was ordered by them ,from the Factory,in 1983. They had mentioned that they had to replace the original titanium spindle with a steel spindle because of excessive flex.
Apparently, DeRosa sent a hand written letter apologizing and explaining there was a problem with the campagnolo TI spindles!

There is rub on the chain stay from the inner ring, so I think this bb was always too small. I don’t know who reversed it, but it is definitely Italian threads! I think the bike sat most of its life or this would have come up sooner!

I think it was simply replaced with the wrong spindle and unfortunately I am going to have to buy a new one.
Now I am wondering if the bb that is in the bike will fit my “c record “Chorus groupset I have. If so maybe I can make use of it
If I remember right the titanium spindles had some issues with breaking. I want to say Lauren Fignon was on the receiving end of a titanium failure during a sprint and crashed pretty hard.