Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by guachi
Wiggins (not Wiggans) is 39 and retired. So perhaps you could find 6 U23 riders that could ALL beat him in a 5 min race. But probably not. And if these kids are so hot why aren't they lighting things up in Team Pursuit? Where are they? The US has (checks wikipedia) medaled in Team Pursuit once - a silver in 1984. Get on it. Pick these 6 juniors and win a medal!
I liked this post but it is so good that I had to repost it. Absolutely, let’s trot out the 4 junior men for team pursuit that could medal in the upcoming olympics.

I train with juniors all the time at the track and they are fast and motivated. Generally, I am matched with my gang but occasionally, I am with a junior. One thing I have noticed is that besides being fast, they can drop an anchor. This is fixed gear no brakes and for whatever reason, they let up or to the other extreme, go too hard and mess up the drill.

@RChung I really liked your posts as well. Correct on the hour record.

I have power on all my bikes including track. I have 11 years of power data and workouts. I find the data set very useful in training going forward plus have instantaneous data on the bike.

However, the beauty of cycling is that one does not need any digital information to have a great time on the bike.