Old 06-26-19, 04:20 PM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
Originally Posted by tlc8439
Hey downhill master,

You are clearly misinformed or didn’t read all posts. Lots of straw man fallacy / ad hominem going on towards me. Read all my posts and and wabi’s reply, and check the time. Me talking to forum and talking Damon was happening in real time simultaneously. This whole issue took about 5 hours to resolve because I was talking to forum while I was working + talking to Wabi.

I initially accepted 150 discount, as Damon clearly states as a fact in his reply. “The 4th person however said they should offer you more and at that point you got the answer you were obviously looking for ALL THE TIME” if this were to be true, I would’ve never told Damon anything and waited till I wanted to hear comes up. What you claim wasn’t obviously the case according to Wabi himself.

Plus it wasn’t only that person, after that many agreed that the 2nd offer seemed more reasonable, some even pointed out that the first offer was nonsense. It’s almost as if you’d personally always settle with worse offer no matter happens to you. Wouldn’t you want to talk to the seller again if good amount of people were telling you otherwise? This is perfectly normal. Don’t judge others solely based on your personal preference. I never came up with amount anyways. They are in business, what I ended up taking was reasonable for them also to a point they aren’t minus on sales.

No, the reason for creating a 2nd account wasn’t to bash Wabi, but because of “5 posts per day probation” for new accounts, since I created my first account on the same day.

Not only that’s a straw man, but my 2nd account’s first post wasn’t even about anything negative on Wabi, it was about their 2nd offer and asking for others’ opinion. You seem to forget the fact that I was the victim to begin with. I could’ve easily complained about the seller at the beginning and that would have still been justified, but I didn’t. People were constantly reminding me that I was at no fault whatsoever, because obvi I didn’t know any better.

Read my reply to Damon about returning frame. He did told me returning the frame only with taking off chain with chain breaker and wheels is better option for him when I asked for specific instruction if I have to return frame only or not. (Though he never forced me to, don’t get this wrong. But taking that specific part completely out of the context as if it never happened makes a huge difference to viewers just like how it affected you.)

I did also post about his 2nd option bringing the whole bike to a LBS (that they’d send a bike next day). Some people advised me to still return but some people still advised me to take the discount and install mounts myself. I even explained I decided to go take the discount nonetheless. Did you even read my posts at all?

“That along with the alternate offer of $150 plus bottle cage workaround is fantastic customer service.” Yes, I agree, that’s why I initially accepted that offer like Damon confirmed.

As for 30 emails, I already explained up there. It was a chat for me, but it was an email for him, obviously it will make a huge difference if every text-like message is being sent as a single email.

Good job not reading properly and jumping onto bashing someone. Still I hope you’d never have to experience something similar as a consumer, have a good one.
Cool story bro.
You were never a victim though and stating that you were one is most telling.
Either way, I’m happy that you went from unwise(your words)consumer to satisfied customer in 5 hours