Old 06-27-19, 08:59 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by MEversbergII
Some good experiences / advice between that thread and this.

I was unawares of the Light and Motion brand - they might be worth checking out.

For the moment, my Metro 700 is sufficient, but I might take the avenue of buying a brighter light model and running it lower so I have longer duration (and the option for more brightness should I feel I need it). The Metro 700 may in that case migrate up to my helmet - I had been thinking about giving helmet lights a try anyways, so I might pick up a helmet mount here shortly regardless.

Light & Motion Urban 800 - $48
https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?page=8&description=Urban+900&vendorCode=LIGHTNMO&major=3&minor=6

One can easily get three hours runtime by using low power settings when full brightness is not needed - climbing hills, familiar roads with no traffic, etc.

Don't remove the light from the rubber mount as some have reported that the tab on the light can break off. Instead remove the rubber mount with the light. Its easier to do that anyway.

It also comes with a GoPro mount which I find most convenient for mounting under a GPS.

Beam pattern is the best I have seen.

-Tim-