Old 06-27-19, 11:46 AM
nivalu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sometimes within 20 mins. It is most of my fingers, sans thumb....because there's a little downhill on my MUP and I'm always terrified that I wont be able to grip the brakes at that point.

I bought gloves but Im still numb even with them. I think I may have been sold the wrong size. I hate being so dependent , and I also hate wasting money with shady LBS people who just sell anything without care that it is the right solution.

I did go for a semi fit at a store, but they just told me my bike was too small and tried to get me to get a new one. When I wasn't interested, they just said ...well ride this one till you're ready for something new.....which didnt actually fix any of my problems.

I promise I've been searching, going to different stores, asking people on and offline, everything I can. My other bike is a hybrid and I don't have these issues at all. I never had to wear padded shorts or gloves with that one, even on 20-30 mile rides. I went out the other day for a few miles on that one, and had no pain. It is a lot bigger, however. I used to think it was *too* big but now I regret that!

I changed saddles because I was getting awful saddle sores and as this is a big part of my weight loss, I can't afford to be off of the bike so much due to having to let them heal.

The post is long I guess but it isn't too high for me. I am 5'3'', the bike is a 50cm, my size is 54 (I didn't believe it either) , and with the setback post I am in a better crank position .

I guess this is the unfortunate time to mention that I am obese, so there's a stomach involved, so I am not looking to be super aggressive position-wise, just .....comfortable enough to do 20-30 and hopefully up to 50 mile rides without a ton of pain.