View Single Post
Old 06-30-19, 07:33 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3285 Post(s)
Liked 2,121 Times in 1,196 Posts
The kind of crap you deal with, with Garmin, is you never know what function they’ll break next.

I’m not 100% certain this is Garmin’s fault, but my 1000 and the Garmin Connect connection suddenly stopped today, sending an upload to RWGPS. It’s worked fine for 3 years. A few weeks ago the BlueTooth BT_Edge connection stoped making its automatic connection to my iPhone 8. I chalked that up to an iOS update that Garmin will not check the functions of on their assorted devices. They want a whole lot of files off the device and I needed to jump thru a lot of hoops to get this function back and I could always just manually make a connection. So I skipped thenGarmin tech. support help.

Then today I get no file sent from Connect to RWGPS. I e-mail RWGPS, they reply (on a Sunday) but have no actual useful advise other then to say it can take a few hours, even though it was always like 10 minutes. No amount of resetting and checking connections, logging out/in, removing devices from iPhone, Connect Mobile, etc.... seems to work.

I’m going to be really pissed if I don’t get this back as I use RWGPS as my activity log. Maybe buying a Wahoo soon.