cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,397 Times in 2,093 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
Hey, I'm not a rich guy, but I'm really into historical aviation, and I know a thing or two about bicycles!

Whether things have two wheels, four wheels, wings, are powered by locomotion, or float, there's plenty of crossover among gear heads of all sorts... Also, most guys who are interested in flying around in century old death traps are not stereotypical "aviation rich guys" by any means. I've read their forums and blogs - they're more like a cross between reenactors and hot rodders than anything.

-Gregory
Agreed. A few poseurs may buy them, and maybe a few rich fellows not really into the C&V bike scene but knowledgeable enough to appreciate an IGH bike (and like the novelty of owning a bicycle for daily use that proclaims their favorite hobby). Otherwise, it's a dead end product, likely conjured up by someone with too many niche ideas combined with enough money to make a bad idea happen.

That's the easiest way for a stupid marketing decision to move forward, come to think of it. Venture capital + (foresight - dreams) * barely any market research = Another boutique dud.

Come to think of it, Pashley got away with the Guv'nor because it was released at the height of a retro-vintage hipster market when nobody else was making a stripped down roadster with a light, steampunk aesthetic. Perfect timing.

Speaking of which, quite a few Guv'nors seemed to show up on the used market a few years later. I bet the buyers realized that 65 degree frame angles and forward-leaning riding positions look cool in practice, but do not make regular riding enjoyable.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 07-02-19 at 11:07 PM.
Likes For cudak888: