View Single Post
Old 01-28-06, 12:42 AM
sewupnut

Bikes: 2005 Seven Odonata (DuraAce /Reynolds),1983 Trek 950 (Mavic/Suntour/Regina), 1986 Stumpjumper Shimano/Suntour/Regina), 1986 MASI 3V, (Campy/Mavic/Regina) 1995 Schwinn LeTour (Suntour/Wienmann/Phil/Shimano/Regina): All Brooks Saddles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by flyefisher
Hello to any Colorado USCF racers. I live in RI and am considering relocating my family to the Denver area. I race cat 3 here and find that from April thru Sept it's possible to race category and/or masters races within a 2-3 hour drive every weekend with training races during the week in the evenings.

This is a very imporant thing to me in considering relocation. I know Colorado is a big biker haven. I am in fact a graduate of CU Boulder. What is the frequency of USCF races within a 2-3 hour drive of Denver? Are there any weekly training races there? Good masters racing?

Lots of racing in and around Denver, and all around the state now. Some great RR's in
New Mexico and a three day SR in Laramie, Wyoming. Most racing here is ACA, but a few USCF races
such as Iron Horse in Durango. Pretty friendly place to ride and of course, common sense prevails.
Season goes from April through September,then there's cross almostevery weekend until
January. Lots of clubs.

Check out www.americancycling.org for more info.

sun