3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26455 Post(s)
Liked 10,412 Times in 7,229 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Well you seem to.

Oh. Wait. I get it! Unless you are the one posting, everyone else should just shut up and agree with you.

Right?

If you really don’t care, why do you keep posting?
Dear Stewart,

This stuff is classic you, which is one reason I was reluctant to participate in another chain lube thread.

I don't know if the wimmen in your life have ever accused you of mansplaining ? If not, let me do you the favor of pointing out to you that you do have a remarkable tendency to go on and on about anything that can remotely fit into one of your many areas of expertise.Where that often leaves me (in an attempt at some reasonable discussion with you), is not disagreeing with you over points of fact in general, but wondering why you seem to assume that I do. Which then seems to trigger some human impulse in you to search out one error of fact or the possibility of one (see "How Factory Chain Lubricant is Applied), and then launch into another of your ad nauseum listings of your own opinions.

I'm fine with your opinions, but I already know the majority of them from our long and fulfilling history here on teh Biekforooms. I'm fine if you disagree with me and my opinions. I'm fine if you disagree with other opinions posted on the internet. But please don't tell me that I'm captive to yours, any more than you're captive to mine. The only real comparison standards for chain wear ( which is what this whole thing is about, right ?), are opinions. Because it's no secret everyone is doing something a little different. And absent controlled conditions, how are we to judge which regimen is genuinely to be recommended over another ? We both base them on fact, but then proceed with a great deal of conjecture (based on logic that might or might not be correct).

The onliest reason I made the mistake of posting in this thread is that the OP does seem to be new enough, and has some different ideas about stuff like WD40,and reusing some chains that might be better flushed away into the refuse stream. But note that I still state my own opinions as such, and that he might or might not want to consider them.

Respectfully yours,
Stinky Wizzleteats