Old 07-05-19, 07:10 PM
puma1552

Bikes: '17 Colnago C-RS (Full 5800); '16 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by MSchott
Here's a better picture of the 2017 Roubaix SL4 Sport. Modifications from stock include the Sella Italia white saddle which came from my previous bike, the white tape and the white hoods. For those who dislike white hoods, they are a breeze to keep clean. I use Lysol All Purpose Cleaner (yellow spray bottle) about once a week.
If you want a pro tip on keeping the white bar tape clean, use Westley's (well, now Black Magic) Bleche White. It's available at any auto parts store, and it's made for white wall/white letter tires. When I bought my bike, as an auto detailer on the side, I decided to try any and every remedy/product/home made concoction to determine what was the absolute best (oxy, baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, etc etc etc) and I finally determined that Bleche White straight out of the bottle as-is worked the best, hands down. I use a clean, wet terry cloth to gently clean off what obvious grime I can, followed by a dry, white terry cloth to dry it, then I soak another terry in Bleche White, soak it on the tape for a minute or two, and then gently scrub the tape. Then use the wet one to remove it, and the dry one to dry it and you'll keep it sparkling for a long time to come. Try not to get any uncoated aluminum wet with Bleche White, it can corrode.

Here is mine after 1000-1200 miles of sweating hardcore on it - looks like it's never been ridden:

I already posted this pic in this thread so not posting for critiques this time but I guess since it's here, feel free to blast my spacer stack!
Likes For puma1552: