View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 05:44 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
So everybody except Ahlaphilippe? OK, I'll take him, give me 3 to 1 (I'm generous, you picked 5) and let's talk turkey.

I say Teunissen opens up his suitcase full of courage and pulls another yellow jersey out of it. Or maybe it hangs tomorrow still in J-V on van Aert or the coat hanger. I don't see that threesome giving up the 20-30 sec for it to pass on to Ineos in anything but an all out GC blitz, and that's not happening today.
julian mr. "i'll be there" is one of my fave riders. prob woulda been a 18-20 pointer in the usual format. matthews, the green bullet and sagan all shred as well and are comparably
priced usually. alaphilippe is the rider closest to valverde in the peleton (imho) and what valverde was/still capable of that can contest classics, (uphill) sprints and big climbing stages along with
breakaways and is arguably the most versatile rider in the peleton currently. those riders don't come along very often. wout woot may be one such rider...