View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 07:34 AM
HyBr1D

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by emanuel_v19
Thanks! That's a nice rack! I've always wanted those but that would mean I need to install a hitch, and then that gets pretty expensive for me.
Originally Posted by qclabrat
I have the same each, after 7 years the rack is showing wear. Carrying heavy list assist bikes far has taken it's toll. It's still a great rack for the price.
Originally Posted by qclabrat
I installed the hitches myself and they were always in the $100 range. I'll never go back to anything else. The platform racks makes getting out so much quicker
I chose that hitched rack because I didn't want a trunk lid one... and where I work there wasn't clearance in the parking garage if on the off chance I would bring it here for after work riding (but that was taken off the table because of possible theft). So, a hitch was only natural and I don't have a big car so a 2 bike rack on a 1 1/4 hitch was/is perfect. I have the hitch just waiting on the rack lol. Yakima is a well known brand so, I went with it for the time being and seeing that many people have it locally I felt more assured with the purchase.