View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 10:50 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Wills
Hmmm... I could play that game. Mango, the bigger of my two orange Maine Coons, is 21 pounds. I could easily build a C&V weight-weenie bike that weighs less than that!
Perhaps this is the real solution to life, the universe, and everything: just get a bigger cat!! We giant-cat-people know what's up.

Originally Posted by madpogue
Sorta like electric vehicles being called "zero emissions" -- if you don't happen to live next to the power plant.

This proves that a soul actually has mass -- this bike saves weight by having no soul.
I think that Hi-E pedals and MKS alloy toeclips will actually make my toeclips setup lighter than many clipless systems. Plus, I'm pretty confident that those pedals will give it more soul!! The Superbe pedals I have on there now are 300g, which makes them comparable to a set of Look, Speedplay, Crank Bros, or SPD pedals (even some of the carbon/Ti models), if you include the cleats.

But you know, I only ride in crocs. For lightness.