Old 07-12-19, 06:20 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by AnthonyG
You have NO idea.

The Science behind magnesium deficiency causing muscles cramps is phenomenally simple. Muscles use calcium to contract and magnesium to relax.
Its called cause and effect and its solid Science.

You on the other hand are just making up ridiculous nonsense all the while equating meta analysis with real Science.

The VERY first question I wanted to ask of the trial that suggested that magnesium supplements didn't work was just WHICH magnesium suppliment did they test. If they used magnesium oxide well then of course it doesn't work. Was there an answer to my basic and important question?
No there wasn't.
If I can't even get a simple answer like that then of course its junk Science.

show me anything anywhere where anyone has shown a connection between magnesium and workout related cramping. Sodium is related to muscles, calcium is related to muscles, oxygen is related to muscles. What makes you think it's magnesium deficiency causing cramping when there's so many other things that could be out of balance? Constantly repeating yourself isn't proving a thing. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

You've posted a bunch of stuff that literally has nothing to do with a very specific question. It's absurd and I won't be wasting my time on you unless you actually manage to come up with anything relevant.

And again, if you were right, why is usually only one muscle cramping, and why is the cramp going away so fast? It should be a systemic problem cramping up a bunch of muscles at once. You're just wrong. Give it up.