View Single Post
Old 07-13-19, 07:21 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,466 Times in 1,144 Posts
Agree on the sandals for warm weather doubling as shower shoes. I have an unusually light weight pair of Teva sandals for that.

Cooler weather will often mean possibly wet weather too. For that I wear Merrill Moab hiking shoes that are rated as waterproof. When walking through wet tall grass, water got inside the shoes but that was from the water getting into the socks from the grass and the water getting into the shoes that way, there was not much I could do about that. But overall, that is my favorite shoe for off bike wear.

I have also ridden several days with those shoes on the bike on the platform side of my A530 or M324 pedals, either to give my cycling shoes a chance to dry out from rain or because the road was so bad that hiking shoes made more sense than cycling shoes. I find that these shoes have a stiff enough sole that they are comfortable to wear on the bike pedals.

I find my Keen cycling sandals are comfortable enough that I do not need to change out of them at the end of the ride like I had to with some of my other cycling shoes that were less comfortable. I have had some cycling shoes where I changed shoes before I got my tent up in a campsite, but I often wear the Keens for a couple hours before getting around to changing out of them.