MyTi
6-4 Titanium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Randall koerv
Hi all,
I'm completely new to cycling but I can't get the thought out of my head to pedal my way from California to North Carolina. I don't know if this is unrealistic but a little background I am in very good shape I was a professional athlete at one point I'm not 46 and I was wondering if this would be a nightmare or as much fun as I anticipate it would be I have no set time frame so I can take my time. any thoughts on the matter Or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to chat with anybody that would be interested in helping me out with this decision thanks a lot love to hear from you.
I guess the challenge is what makes a cross country ride fun. Are you single at 46 how do you find the time? I've always wanted to do this but probably will never get the chance as it simply takes too much time. I say go for it if you can!

If we are talking credit card touring where you will just cycle from hotel to hotel, that shouldn't be so difficult. I think it's the camping and having to stock up and haul food / water is where the real challenge lies.