Thread: Asahi bikes
View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 06:22 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
Here's a link to the OP's gallery album, https://www.bikeforums.net/g/picture/14547553 . I'd post the pictures direct to the thread but I was recently reprimanded for doing this.

Unfortunately, the only picture for the actual bicycle under consideration is from the non-drive side and of poor resolution. I'm not sure if its retro style or an actual vintage bicycle. The unicrown fork and lugless construction suggest no earlier than about 1990 while the fat barrel Parallax style hubs would push things up into the late 1990s. The brake levers look like Tektro. The down tube shift levers don't look familar, so they may be something like Microshift. It's hard to get a positive identification on anything else, though I'm not getting a high end vibe.A drive side picture, particularly of the drive would help, as would pictures of the cantilever brakes and the tubing decal. Barring that, model names for the major components and tubeset would be an asset.

I'm assuming the website product images are recent. If so, a price of 59, 980 Yen converts to $555.63 US. That's not very expensive for a bicycle these days.