View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 12:10 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Junior got 3rd Sunday. Family went to pick kid up from school for summer break and his 21st birthday Fri. He and sister when Bolder (CO) "bar hopping" Sat night before.

Fortunately I think he's more interested in the novelty of being able to drink than drinking. But stupid move before a race, although not sure it had any effect. Maybe in the heat department.

We agreed no such foolishness before Manhattan Beach Crit this weekend.

The crit was interesting in that being a kinda end-of-season/local one there were about half a dozen of out-of-state riders, a WT pro riding in a T-shirt, and "Hollywood" fresh off track nats. I met a BF poster.

Junior went out hard trying to create some breaks and thought being that a few know him now some might go with him. They did, but only lasted a few laps. He had a huge overheating issue and dropped to back for most the rest of the race. A Norcal rider who got 2nd was allowed to drive it off the front with some different partners. They eventually got caught. With 5 laps to go a the prime was used to launch another attack - same NotCal guy won it and kept going with everyone looking at each other the next 2-3 laps. Just before the end Hollywood goes and junior jumps on. I don't know what happened on the back side, junior just said no one was there. Our two leaders got 1 and 2 and junior came in for 3rd.

There was a bit of a sprint around the last corner but really looked like the decisions were made before the corner.

I posted a Crash video and 400 views already. People like crashes.

Here is a long copy.

https://legacy.usacycling.org/results/index.php?permit=2019-1718&bypass=1
Likes For Doge: