View Single Post
Old 07-18-19, 07:19 PM
Petros98223

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
He's probably upset because he doesn't like you spreading false information. The idea that the Keto diet is necessary, or even superior to other diets for losing weight, simply isn't true. It creates weight loss through a caloric deficit just like any other diet. Furthermore, if you're an endurance athlete who intends to go at high intensities, it's a terrible choice with respect to your performance. As for long term health, no one really knows since there are very, very few people who have done this consistently for several decades. But, it does contradict many of the core beliefs of nutrition theory.

I do not recall saying it was the superior, nor the only way. it has been the only one that has work for me long term. It may not work for everyone. And that does not explain being rude.

Out of date nutrition theory has, like most of science, has proven to be inaccurate. but old ideas do not go away very fast. There is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate, but there are such things as essential fatty acids and amino acids (proteins).

FYI before a major endurance event I will have a carb heavy breakfast, but than I will be losing weight anyway. I have likely burned over 10,000 calories in a day on 15 hour endurance events, you really can not eat enough to fuel that kind of effort during an event.