Old 07-21-19, 12:01 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,382 Times in 3,669 Posts
Originally Posted by AfterThunk
Great tip. Thanks! Though I am leaning towards letting this bike go out the door as is, I’ll definitely pick up that product for future chrome clean up.
I would encourage you to do a cursory cleanup on this, especially if you are going for top dollar. There is also a big difference between unrestored with patina and grungy with rust. I would get rid of the disgusting hoods, take the reflectors off the wheels, give it a good wipe down and at least hit the rust with rust remover wipedown to slow it down for now. Most of us here like to do all that ourselves with our own special regimen, but I don't think you'll get top $$$ here. The better it presents, the more you will get on ebay, CL, FB market or whatever and I guarantee even the least savvy buyer is likely to balk at rust.