no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
For me at least, it seems to last the whole ride-- I can only think of a couple rides where it was hot and dry enough to dry out the cap. Usually when I get home it's still damp-- but just damp, which means the evaporative cooling effect is working. When I take off a Headsweats at the end of a ride, it hits the bench with a soggy plop.

If it's really hot, I'll just squirt from the waterbottle through the helmet vents, and the genuine cold feeling from the water lasts for probably 10-15 minutes. The Mission caps (I've found) are much cooler overall than others. Halo do indeed funnel the sweat away from your eyes, but they also seem to make a lot more of it.

I also take one of the Mission cooling towels (the kind that you wet and snap) with me when I know it's gonna get hot, and those are a miracle. I put it around my neck and it stays cold for over an hour, even in +100º weather.
Originally Posted by BCDrums
Ordered one today on your say-so. Looking forward to trying it out.
I'm ordering one also, thanks! A cooler head with protection that my thinning hair can no longer provide sounds like a winner to me.