Old 07-24-19, 09:31 AM
billyymc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 58 Posts
Did my fit really change that much...

or was it wrong to begin with?

Been riding a size 56 2007 Specialized Tricross comp for the last 10 years (bought used). Came with a 110mm stem that I replaced a few years ago with a lower angle 110mm stem. Fit always seemed ok to me.

Last year I really started having issues with saddle comfort and went through a few, then a few more this year. This year in particular I was experiencing a lot of hamstring pain and soreness especially in my left leg.

So a few days ago I swapped my 110mm stem for an 80mm stem that I had lying around. Not sure why, but it seemed like the reach had become too much for me...and turns out the 80mm stem seems to have helped all around. I feel more comfortable on the bike, the hamstring pain seems to have diminished, and the saddle I was riding felt a little more comfortable (although I did swap it for another new one yesterday). In terms of position I feel good on the bike - pretty close to KOPS from a casual check. I feel maybe a bit scrunched so might go to a 90mm stem after a few more tweaks.

I'm closing in on 53 years in a few months. Did my fit change? Was it wrong to begin with? Or maybe both? My fitness level is the same as the last few years, no weight gain or anything like that.