View Single Post
Old 07-24-19, 02:57 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by zebede
...Sometimes its easy to repair an old favorite item instead of just throwing it away in the landfill and buying new. Pride, value and quality (and you helped save the planet)
Yeah. If I were the type of guy to just buy a new saddle, I wouldn't still be riding a 1996 GT Outpost. The bike itself is plastered with decals of all the places it has been in 23 years. Someday, I am going to hang it as a memento of my cycling years and I'd like to keep as many of the original parts as possible intact. I've been through oodles of rims, cassettes, chain rings, bottom brackets, derrailleurs, and pedals, but somehow, that saddle has remained looking almost brand new for all these years. It's the single component that has spent the most time in contact with my body all these years (sorry to put that image in your head), so replacing it would upset my whole zen with the rest of the bike.

I am going to look for liquid electrical tape, something I had never heard of before this thread. Will let you know how it works out.