Thread: Provenance
View Single Post
Old 07-24-19, 06:57 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
[QUOTE=FrancoSuisse;21038366]Proving provenance on a 60 year old bicycle is seldom possible. Few owners keep a receipt for 60 years. I was lucky enough to buy a pre-1962 Frejus "Tour de France" with the original hand written receipt from Tom Avenia. He was still using the old Lexington Ave receipt pad. And I got the Italian language hang tag.
Columbus tubing, Balillia quick release brakes, Ambrosio bars and stem, Campagnolo low flange steel sport hubs, Nisi rims. Serial 902xx.

Original cost was 105 for the bike, $6 for a spare, $5 for a helmet and $1 for a patch kit! $120.51

Easily put back into rideable condition. (Owner crashed many years ago and replaced the rear wheel with a French wheel.)

Sadly, due to the 10 post rule of the forum software, I could not post any images, a few days ago. But I thought some would be interested in the serial number series and the Columbus tubing. I will try for one image.[/Q
UOTE]
Quoted to reveal the invisible link.