Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by RastaManCan
I love lifting at the gym, been crazy about it for 6 years. I have always followed my lifting with 30 to 45 mins of running. Recently my knee's decided to tell me that I'm getting old so I bought 2019 Specialized Roubaix. Got fitted, made the upgrades and hit the road. I still lift, and I do some light cardio on the elliptical, however after work I hit the road on the bike. The problem is that the nutritional differences between lifting and cycling are completely different. I'm used to having a balanced ratio of protein, carbs, and fat and do great with it all day. However after I ride I'm crazy hungry for carbs and nothing seems to curb the cravings. Yesterday I did 30 miles. I ate an hour before, snaked on the ride, and at 30 mins after. I figured I burned 2100 calories. 3 hours later I was crazy hungry. I snacked, ate healthy, ate junk. I would have eaten a football if it would have helped. So hungry after riding, this can't be a good thing. What do you all do?

30 miles = 50 km.

If you burn 100 calories every 5 km, approximately, then over 50 km, you probably would have burned 1000 calories.

Feel free to eat as many of those 1000 calories you want!

If you're trying to gain weight, you'll probably want to eat more.
If you're trying to maintain, enjoy every calorie of the 1000.
If you're trying to lose, you might want to reign it in at 500 or 750 or so.

Are you keeping track of the calories you consume?

What did you eat before the ride?