View Single Post
Old 07-25-19, 03:38 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
I crashed on Sat, not sure what happened, I was just riding casually with some friends on our way out of town. I think it was a pavement issue. I don’t remember what happened, I hit my head pretty badly and cracked my helmet in two pieces. Apparently I was coherent enough to assist in calling my husband.

Went to the emergency room, got a neg head CT and discharged with a diagnosis of a concussion. I was home for a couple of hours and then started feeling worse and worse, then I lost consciousness for 1-2 minutes and then back to the ER.

Second head CT, and new CTs of chest, abdomen, pelvis, plus radiographs of my left hand and chest, continuous EKG, & echocardiogram and an overnight hospital stay yielded only the additional diagnosis of a right rib fracture +/- left pinky fracture.

Ive been feeling pretty terrible up until today when I suddenly feel significantly better. Hopefully back to work on Monday. I see my doctor tomorrow so hopefully will have more info.

Got the new dropper today, it’s pretty swell but makes me sad because how long will it be before it’s “ok” to risk cracking my head again? A while, so I’m not going to be able to make use of it for awhile. My Mammoth Clinic is out (and there goes my $400 Registration down the drain). I’m doubtful for the Girlz Gone Riding Women’s mtn bike weekend in 4 weeks, will the rib still be sore then? Ugh. I was wanting to up my mtb game this summer and move back to TTing in the fall. I may need to rethink.

Shopping for new MIPs helmets.

Originally Posted by hubcyclist
After having a CTL in the high 80's-low 90's for a while, that has dropped off a bit due to vacation and lower training volume, going into the 60s (gasp lol). So while my Trainerroad plan has me in a recovery week this week, I've been doing more endurance these past couple of days to build some of that back up and get my TSB away from "over-rested" territory. I'm hoping to do another 2hrs z2 tomorrow, take a little easier on Friday, and do something pretty long on Saturday, ideally 100 miles (the weather appears to be perfect for such an effort). CTL is now 71 and TSB at 3. I had some really good legs in the 80's, and kind of meh right now, so hoping to get less meh for when CX starts

I also just picked up assioma uno pedals. I have a powertap hub, but I've been using it more and more on my CX bike that I think it should just live there, and also there's the first world problem of having to switch from 11 to 8 speed plus tire when I want to change between bikes. I've been running the pedal against my gen1 Cycleops Hammer and at least on the surface the two line up closely, the pedal reports a little higher (about 2w on the average and 5w on the NP). So I guess I can never blame my trainer for underreporting, and fortunately I don't get an inflated sense on my abilities with the Hammer either!
The pedals are going to be a tad higher because they're closer to your power point, we're there's some drivetrain loss with the crank and chain. Assiomas are great, you have the dual side (duos)?