Thread: Provenance
View Single Post
Old 07-28-19, 04:15 PM
FrancoSuisse

Bikes: I have owned Carlton Franco Suisse, Schwinn 62 Paramount, Colnago Super, Rigi, Bianchi Super Leggera, Pake, San Rensho Export, Frejus 62, Raleigh Gran Sport 62, and many I have forgotten.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sd5782
I find it interesting also that your bike like mine lacks the oval at the seat post. Most have that. Mine has no tubing sticker, but Falck has been mentioned. Do you think yours came originally with fenders?
Are your wheels 27"? I copied this ad from another poster that I found interesting.

I was happy to get the 14-26 on mine as the 14-22 5 speed that mine came with was too tall for me. I am 62. I will need to investigate the 45/42 gearing that PhilBob57 mentioned. Flatlands here too. I didn't pull my BB, as it was adjusted to perfection and I didn't want to risk damage to the cotter. The 3 speed guys pour oil down the seat tube. I made a slightly runny lube of grease and 80/90 gear oil and put down seat tube. I had to push it to the bottom with a dowel. Laid bike on side for a day and rotated pedals. After a couple days of this, I saw traces of lube from the BB. Repeated on the other side. Not really proper, but BB adjustment and bearing feel was perfect and I wasn't going to risk cotter damage. This bike won't be ridden thousands of miles so good enough. A very interesting and unique find and project. Have fun and keep us posted.

Mine has a Columbus decal, low on the seat tube. Also, it lacks the oval cutout in the seat lug. "Tubi Rinforzati"

I did find the cups were easy to remove using a combination of Park, Campagnolo, and Var.

Last edited by FrancoSuisse; 07-28-19 at 04:19 PM.