Old 07-30-19, 08:52 AM
HobbesOnTour

Bikes: 90's Trek 800 Sport, setup for Fully Loaded Touring

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Bike Jedi
Actually it is and it's not, it just depends on the persons filters of the world,

So I would like to "tour" the world on my bicycle. Sorry that doesn't fit the "definition" of the forum, but I hope you don't kick me out or evict me before I can get enough information to figure out how I can go tour the world on my bicycle. That is one of the main reasons why I joined and paid for a membership. So I can utilize as much information here to go tour the world on my bicycle in a way that suites me and I hope to find some peace and joy in.

Thanks
jeez!

The point I was trying to make and clearly failing was that most people on this forum do not tour in the style that you plan on touring.
Therefore, for your specific needs with respect to technology, the collective experience on this forum and most other bike touring forums will not be a lot of help.
That is not kicking you out or sending you away. That is a fact.

Specifically, your plans to set up home for undefined periods of time are different to most touring experiences here. Not all. Most. Not having a home base will have all kinds of implications for your technology use - warranties, subscriptions etc. all become more difficult if you wander with no fixed base, not to mention power, security and operating environment.

To get an idea of what others use have a look at gear lists of those on multi-year bike touring trips around the world. CrazyGuyOnABike is the place to start.

By the way, for an international bike tour, technology is the least of your concerns.
Likes For HobbesOnTour: