Old 07-30-19, 09:40 PM
Kent T

Bikes: 2002 Trek 800 Singletrack, 1982 Bridgestone Spica

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
Looks like a Gitane TdF with weinmann concave rims, simplex derailleurs (shifters and FD, I can't see the rear), stronglight 93 crank, and mafac brakes. What's not to love about this bike?

Everyone needs a Reynolds 531 bike as a beater bike, right? And I thought I was doing good with a Sekine SHS 271 (tange tubing) as my beater. Maybe I need to turn my mid 70s Peugeot PR 10 into a neighborhood lock up bike,
I wish my beater bikes had this nice of a frame, by the way. Reynolds 531, a touch of class. I have a motto in life, "If It Fits, It Shifts, and I can ride it, I give it a try, if possible" P.S. A Sekine SHS 271, is a nice bike in it's own way. A 1982 Bridgestone Spica, with 4130 Cromoly, is a C&V ride I enjoy right now (and yes we need a saddle upgrade, and a rear tire). What matters in my world, is did you enjoy riding whatever bike you have? If you did, and you grinned, all we need to know. Ride on, and enjoy. With all your body can give it. Ride in your own way too. As a physically challenged, adaptive cyclist, I support you.
Likes For Kent T: