View Single Post
Old 08-03-19, 02:45 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by dieterpi
I'm from Belgium. There are indeed tabs under the down tube.
There seems to be something stamped on the rear dropouts. However the serial number (?) is not damaged due to tighting the wheel with winged nuts. "BI..?"
What do you mean with the top and down tubs bent behind the head lugs?
French manufactured peugeot during this period had serial number formats Bymmxxxxx or Yymmxxxxx. I'm not seeing the "BI". It looks like B0 to me. If so, that means the frame was manufactured in 1980 but could be a 1980 or 1981 model. I don't know if Belgium imported French or Dutch models or had their own specifications, so all I can tell you is that it is Peugeot Sport.

When a bicycle is involved in a head-on collision, the top and down tubes often bend. This typically happens in the region immediately behind the head lugs, as this is weaker than the reinforced head lug area. When the tubes bend, they typically exhibit a rippled deformation under the tubes and the paint typically cracks or chips on the top of the tubes. In your case, the tubes look slightly bent and appear to exhibit both rippling and paint removal in the subject areas.