View Single Post
Old 08-05-19, 09:55 AM
autonomy

Bikes: 2012 Canondale Synapse 105, 2017 REI Co-Op ADV 3.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 133 Posts
Mass Ave in Lexington is going on a road diet in preparation for the bikeway repairs. Seems like it was sketched out but not yet striped for narrower driving lanes, then parking, then bike lanes, basically forcing cyclists to ride near the curb. Not sure that's an improvement, as the pavement there is in a somewhat bad shape overall and full of debris. It's a stretch popular with roadies and I personally never had any issues sharing it with cars given how wide and not highly-trafficked it is. Time will tell if it's for the best.

On Saturday I did a quick wash & relube the bike in the morning and then did a quick run to the grocery store with the kiddo; despite me checking the forecast and the radar 3 times, we got rained on and it didn't let up, so we cut the ride short because the kiddo got cold even in the long-sleeve shirt. Had to wash all the bikes again, and the kid as well. I never intend to take her out in wet conditions because she doesn't have a fender on her trail-along but somehow this is the 3rd time she got wet on the bike so maybe I should invest in one.

We tried again in the afternoon when it was much drier and nicer and made it out to Bedford, where for the first time ever (in like 7 years) we went into the bike store there and bought a ridiculously pink helmet for the kiddo because she seems to have outgrown her current one.

D2R2 is coming up fairly soon, I signed up myself and my wife for the 1st ever 50-mile paved route. I'm not too worried about myself, but starting to get concerned about the wife because she's been lagging in her riding and struggling with hills. The route has a bit more elevation than she's used to so we might need to do more catching up riding.