View Single Post
Old 08-05-19, 12:43 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by BirdsBikeBinocs
If one is out of shape, there will be pain getting back into shape. Let's see, I played team hockey, football, baseball and that led to biking and hiking. And carrying canoes. And I love to eat. I can estimate how much weight I've lost at different periods of my life....a total of at least 200 lbs. Being an athlete taught me a lot. I've played on championship teams. It hurt. Double sessions in August sun. Injuries.?? None that I remember. I think I did it right although the arthritis has settled in pretty good. If one wants to lose weight and get in shape, It's Going To Hurt. And then it will feel better.

A coach asking a player to go hard for a long/short distance every mile over 6 to 8 miles Is Not Torture. ROTFL. Further more, only the OP can gauge those distances. It might start at 20 yards....or less.!!! As we often say....whatevah.... Only the OP can be the hero here.
Oh lord, not this "no pain no gain" crap again!
Incremental progress does not require pain, it's absurd.