Old 08-07-19, 01:46 AM
gauvins

Bikes: Custom built LHT & Troll

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 846 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 106 Posts
Originally Posted by DropBarFan
I would think about keeping the Iphone (for basic calls/texts etc) & getting a fairly nice 10" tablet for other uses. I'm not an expert, but don't the better tablets often have an advantage of lighter weight, more battery life & faster processors than the cheaper ones? A laptop has the advantage of the separate keyboard but that's extra weight & folks seem to manage without it in most cases. Also, light-weight laptops seem to be a bit pricey.

Those portable Bluetooth keyboards are pretty cheap & light but I don't know if I would bother, another thing to charge. & yes, the whole charging bit is a problem. A big power bank adds some weight but adds flexibility, perhaps one would only need to charge phone/tablet/power bank once a week?
1. The major difference between a tablet and a laptop is the operating system. Most tablets run on iOS or Android. There is also the Surface Go, which (can) run Windows 10.

2. Battery life is largely determined by screen size. One edge case would be an e-ink tablet. If energy saving is your top priority, you may want to consider something like the Boox Note. It is a 10.3 inch tablet that runs on Android and battery life is counted in days. (like a larger version of the Kindle Paper White). This kind of tablet is meant to read and annotate pdf files. But it can also be used to browse, process emails, etc. Downside is a grayscale screen with a very slow refresh rate -- google maps is barely usable.