Old 08-07-19, 12:35 PM
jimc101

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Plainsman
I haven’t received the crankset yet, and I’m trying to collect all of my parts in advance. I’ve looked, but can’t find the crankset install docs online (assuming they would contain the B.B. spec). Appreciate any help!
Can you sent it straight back, and order an external BB (i.e Shimano HT2 spec crank)?

Confused about what you are trying to do, order some parts, then do the research on other essential parts to make the original purchase fit/work, it doesn't really make sense to do it like this, make sure you have got all your parts/specs down before ordering anything and make sure that you can get everything in for the same time (so you aren't waiting months for that last essential part).

Going with the external BB type crank eliminates all issue with compatibility & chainlines as, as long as you stick with the same brand, there is only one possible spindle width which is fixed. and it eliminates any of this trial and error craziness (and if your going do do that, the cost will be far higher in time and money buying unnecessary BB's than just buying a decent Shimano HT2 crank/BB in the first place).